Probably, the best point to start is by answering the question, what is poker? It belongs to the family of card games. The game requires sharp skills as well as strategy, for one to enjoy several wins. This is not a new invention; the game has been in existence for long now. Just like any other game, poker games have strict rules to be obeyed at all times to guarantee a winner and a loser.
Poker first came into being in the 19th century. Each player was entitled to only five cards. Additionally, their games were entirely manual and involved a specified number of players. Thanks to technological advancement, there are multiple card games for you.
Top 8 Poker Games In 2019
There are countless online poker games that you can play conveniently. Below is the list of top eight popular poker games.
- 5 Card Draw
- 7 Card Stud
- Omaha Hi-Lo
- 2-7 triple Draw
- Texas Hold’em
Benefits of Playing Poker Games
Each poker game presents different pros and cons, depending on the rules of the game. However, there are general pros and cons of these games. Did you know that playing these games provides excellent benefits for you? Well, below are some of the outstanding benefits.
- Poker improves the player’s level of concentration; the game demands a high level of attention. For example, one must keenly focus on their opponents as well as their cards. One common tactic is focusing on the opponent’s facial expression. This will help you understand their likely move, hence defeat them.
- Enhances one’s decision-making skills; These card games are usually highly competitive and demands confidence. You can never be a proficient poker player if you’re unambitious and indecisive. One must make a decision and then make a move for their opponent to equally make a move.
- Makes one become a good financial manager; Most online games need superb financial management skills. If a player runs out of cash, then they won’t be able to proceed to play the game. A player hence develops discipline concerning money management. This is a crucial skill, given that human wants are insatiable.
- Enhances one’s maturity level; Interestingly, these games have no room for emotions. One needs to make a rational decision before making a move. A wrong choice can easily prevent you from proceeding to the next level.
- Sharpens the player’s skills of observation; Each move you make depends on your opponent’s move. Thus, it behooves you to keenly observe your opponent determine the best step for you. For example, watching your opponent’s body movements or facial expressions can be helpful to you. Observation skill is a highly valuable life skill, that can be applied in life.
In conclusion, these games are among the most beneficial past time activity. Aside from providing enjoyment and opportunity to try your luck, you sharpen your skills too. Don’t spend time engaging in risky activities. Try poker games! Who knows, you may make a career out of it!